http://www.nextgreencar.com/news-item.p ... the-future
A self-balancing enclosed electric bike!...
... hope they manage to get it into production for the price suggested!
OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
Forum rules
The usual. As I have two large solar PV systems here, and my lab assistant just put one in, and others are interested in things like this, here's where that stuff goes. This is mostly for things that work now, not "gee someday a fusor will do this" -- we know that, but it's not someday yet.
The hope is to save anyone embarking on this sort of thing a lot of wasted time and money, as at least I have been off the grid since 1980 and have had a lot of practice (and made mistakes you won't have to).
The usual. As I have two large solar PV systems here, and my lab assistant just put one in, and others are interested in things like this, here's where that stuff goes. This is mostly for things that work now, not "gee someday a fusor will do this" -- we know that, but it's not someday yet.
The hope is to save anyone embarking on this sort of thing a lot of wasted time and money, as at least I have been off the grid since 1980 and have had a lot of practice (and made mistakes you won't have to).
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
I just want to know why they are going to sell it for 12k in the US and only 5k in asia??? (Assuming they ramp up production)
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
OK Chris - I concide. 
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
Cheaper labour costs for manufacture of the Asian models.Jerry wrote:I just want to know why they are going to sell it for 12k in the US and only 5k in asia??? (Assuming they ramp up production)
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
Or, our very expensive regulatory system compared to Asia, where anything that can roll (and some things that can't) are on the roads.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
Since you're more likely to be hit by a mini cooper than an elephant anyway...
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
The only thing missing is self-stability. I suppose the whole of the inside part could be made to rotate around gyroscopically when it stops, but that might make the rider feel a bit giddy! 
Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..
There's always the Ryno monocycle too...