OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Alternative energy sources
Forum rules
The usual. As I have two large solar PV systems here, and my lab assistant just put one in, and others are interested in things like this, here's where that stuff goes. This is mostly for things that work now, not "gee someday a fusor will do this" -- we know that, but it's not someday yet.
The hope is to save anyone embarking on this sort of thing a lot of wasted time and money, as at least I have been off the grid since 1980 and have had a lot of practice (and made mistakes you won't have to).
Post Reply
chrismb
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:32 pm

OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by chrismb »

http://www.nextgreencar.com/news-item.p ... the-future

A self-balancing enclosed electric bike!...

... hope they manage to get it into production for the price suggested!

Jerry
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 am
Location: Beaverton, OR

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by Jerry »

I just want to know why they are going to sell it for 12k in the US and only 5k in asia??? (Assuming they ramp up production)
Starfire
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 pm
Location: North Ireland

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by Starfire »

OK Chris - I concide. ;)
John Hill
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 am
Location: Ashburton, New Zealand.

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by John Hill »

Jerry wrote:I just want to know why they are going to sell it for 12k in the US and only 5k in asia??? (Assuming they ramp up production)
Cheaper labour costs for manufacture of the Asian models.
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by Doug Coulter »

Or, our very expensive regulatory system compared to Asia, where anything that can roll (and some things that can't) are on the roads.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by Doug Coulter »

Since you're more likely to be hit by a mini cooper than an elephant anyway...
wheel-surf-motorbike-pointless-gadget-540x334.jpg
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
chrismb
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by chrismb »

The only thing missing is self-stability. I suppose the whole of the inside part could be made to rotate around gyroscopically when it stops, but that might make the rider feel a bit giddy! :lol:
chrismb
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: OK ... THIS is as cool as an EV can get!! I want one..

Post by chrismb »

There's always the Ryno monocycle too...

Post Reply