I'm a field inspector for Bureau Veritas North America -- involved in 3rd party witnessing of industrial machinery factory acceptance tests, materials testing and verification, specifications and codes review, and project management.-- in the public utility/Oil & gas industries. Most of my involvement is acting as the eyes and ears for end-users in Dubai, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Brazil, India -- where the machinery is being manufactured here in California.
My background is in materials science and NDT ( Non-Destructive Testing), advanced sensors, vibration analysis, machine vision -- to name just a few.
I'm glad to be here on this forum, as I strongly believe in a "cross pollination" of ideas from a multitude of disciplines leads to better problem solving and creativity.
I may not be that active at first, until I get the hang of it.
Hello ! from Ventura County, California
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
-
Michael McLaughlin
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:14 pm
- Location: Southern California
Re: Hello ! from Ventura County, California
Welcome Michael
post when you are ready
post when you are ready