Apologies for the long silence. I've been in my new place for 10 months now, and it is finally starting feel like home (although I only unpacked the fusor a few weeks ago). The house was built before World War II as a barracks for the housing of Royal Air Force personnel, around 1935. It is 82 feet long and 16 feet wide (perfect for a linear accelerator!) It is a single skin building (2.75" cinderblock) with large single-glazed windows along the road side and is very cold in winter: there is no ceiling and no insulation of any sort, either in the walls, floor or roof (perfect for cooling hot electronics
I have spent the last few months drawing plans - this place needs modernising, and it presents 'an exciting solar opportunity'. It has 25 x 2.5 meters of south facing roof! I have designed the new place to Passive House specification (loads of insulation and plenty of large windows).
One online solar calculator estimates that at our current Feed-In Generation Tariff, a 7.5kWp system (18.5 x 2.5 meters) could generate around £36K total profit over 20 years. That is on top of the £10K - £13K investment.
Any thoughts?