Key to topics icons?
Forum rules
The rules should go without saying, but here they are:
Use your real name, and if you use an avatar, make it a picture of you. This is for real people only.
Don't cuss -- I don't mind, but others may.
Don't get personal and call names.
Stay on-topic -- start a new thread for a new topic. Try to get it in the right category. If you have a question about what that might be, ask me.
Be informative and provide useful information. Please search to see if your question is already answered before asking again.
Keep speculations and general gassing to the forums/threads meant for them.
Don't ask a question, then start a fight over the answer. Google/Wiki things first if you can manage.
Don't anger me -- if you do, you're toast here.
Don't put copyrighted material up here and get me in trouble.
The rules should go without saying, but here they are:
Use your real name, and if you use an avatar, make it a picture of you. This is for real people only.
Don't cuss -- I don't mind, but others may.
Don't get personal and call names.
Stay on-topic -- start a new thread for a new topic. Try to get it in the right category. If you have a question about what that might be, ask me.
Be informative and provide useful information. Please search to see if your question is already answered before asking again.
Keep speculations and general gassing to the forums/threads meant for them.
Don't ask a question, then start a fight over the answer. Google/Wiki things first if you can manage.
Don't anger me -- if you do, you're toast here.
Don't put copyrighted material up here and get me in trouble.
Key to topics icons?
In the list of topics, there is a little circle to the left of the topic title with a 'text' symbol in. Some of these are black, some black with a star, some are red, some are scrolling. What do these indications mean?
Re: Key to topics icons?
Chris
Red means that there is new unread stuff there
Scolling seams to mean several pages and an active thread ie lots of posts in a short time frame
I have Looked @ the phpBB web site for better clues but I have not found a definitive answer
Red means that there is new unread stuff there
Scolling seams to mean several pages and an active thread ie lots of posts in a short time frame
I have Looked @ the phpBB web site for better clues but I have not found a definitive answer
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Key to topics icons?
Yes, red means there's stuff you've not read yet. You can get a list of those easy by using the unread posts link (it's how I find out whats going on myself). The scrolling seems to mean "hot topic".
Some of those features only seem to work if you have cookies enabled in your browser. The new posts link seems to mean "today".
Some of those features only seem to work if you have cookies enabled in your browser. The new posts link seems to mean "today".
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Re: Key to topics icons?
The meaning of 'red' I figured probably was unread, the other things are the mystery!
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Key to topics icons?
The only other thing that seems worth notice is that on the water cooler forum, things I've made sticky are round, things not look like a lightbulb and will go away after 10 days of no posts on that thread. The other stuff seems like some programmer had a little too much time on their hands.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.