Multimeter gloat

Things electronic
Post Reply
Jerry
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 am
Location: Beaverton, OR

Multimeter gloat

Post by Jerry »

[geekout]

Here is a neat little multimeter I got from a friend. An old Fairchild 7050 multimeter. Popping it open it looks like it was made end of 68 to 69. It looks like it was originally owned by Tektronix and bears the final calibration date of 4/1976, heck, I was 8 months old then!

Best thing of course is the display, Nixie tubes. It also uses neon lamps for the +, -, and lwading 1 symbols. Seems pretty accurate too. I hooked it to my digital displayed 1U power supply and it matched the meters right on as well as resistance.

[/geekout]

Image
IMGP6518 by macona, on Flickr
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Re: Multimeter gloat

Post by Doug Coulter »

And, you even have spare Nixies if I remember right. That's right up the Joe Sousa/Doug Coulter alley, you know! Totally cool!
I wonder if that's what they copied to put on the top of my old 465, it's about the right timing for that, though mine was LED IIRC.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Post Reply