While bumbling around the internet today I found this paper (FYI - it's almost 8 MB) on an Orthogonal Time of Flight Mass Spectrometer that has a lot of construction details and looks *relatively* simple to build. I just kind of skimmed through the paper, so I still need to go back and read it in more detail, but I thought that it might be of interest to those here. Could be a nice future project, not to mention that I already have most of the NIM modules required.
Now I have to go read up on the other MS stuff that I've already acquired.
DIY Mass Spectrometer
How to get to vacuum, what the classes are, and what is needed for what job.
- Joe Jarski
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm
- Location: SouthEast Michigan
Jump to
- Coulter's Smithing forums
- ↳ Announce yourself
- ↳ The water cooler -- disscusions about anything
- ↳ Eye Candy
- ↳ It Almost Worked!
- ↳ Books
- ↳ Playpen
- Physics
- ↳ Nuclear
- ↳ Accelerators
- ↳ Fusors, Farnsworth type
- ↳ Run Data -- just the facts please.
- ↳ Other fusion designs
- ↳ Activation and isotopes
- ↳ Ion Sources
- ↳ Nuclear Medicine
- ↳ Fusion theories
- ↳ VA Tech Fusion Project
- ↳ Metrology
- ↳ Vacuum Technique
- ↳ Vacuum deposition
- ↳ Formulas and data constants
- ↳ Theories and speculations
- ↳ Chemistry
- ↳ Organic Chemistry
- ↳ inorganic chemistry
- Electronics
- ↳ Digital
- ↳ Analog
- ↳ RF
- ↳ High Voltage, High Power
- ↳ Legacy (Tubes!)
- ↳ Audio
- ↳ Altoids tech
- ↳ Alt energy
- Software
- ↳ Commercial
- ↳ Operating systems
- ↳ Userland
- ↳ Homebrew
- ↳ Embedded software
- ↳ PC
- ↳ Combined projects
- ↳ Fusor support
- Machining and Fabrication
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ PCBs and photolithography
- ↳ Shop tips and kinks
- ↳ Industrial
- ↳ Guns and ammo
- ↳ Electro-chemistry
- Vendors
- ↳ The Trading Post
- ↳ Mainstream, new stuff
- ↳ Surplus
- ↳ Skill Swapping
- ↳ Trading Markets
- ↳ DJ's
- ↳ Bill's