Evaporation data

The title says it all. This is for established factual (we hope) things.
Post Reply
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Evaporation data

Post by Doug Coulter »

I stumbled across this the other day. This source seems to prefer E beam to do evaportion for almost everything, and I'm sure that's good if you have the gear. I've had fairly good luck using tungsten coils and boats from Kurt Lesker here for the same stuff - in some cases they may not last as long in production, but I'm not doing production. The key info here is mostly the temperatures.
VEM_Thin_Film_Evaporation_Guide_2017.pdf
Evaporation specs for various materials
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 404 times
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Post Reply