I'm a 27 year old with no degree in anything just looking to try learn as much as i can about everything i can, ran across one of your youtube videos and browsed around your site a bit.
Hobby wise, I generally sit at my computer most of the time and am currently trying to teach myself some basic coding skills without much luck, mainly due to lack of funds for much of anything atm.
If anyone has questions for me or something you'd like to know I'm open for those. As well as any good suggestions for the best way to get into coding and beyond without spending a fortune
Saying hi from Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
-
Brent Quinton
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm
Re: Saying hi from Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Welcome aboard the fun train! Seems out of the 70 or so new members I've let in tonight, that only the ones with "real names" have posted, probably a good thing as those funky "handles" are going to be second class citizens here at best, and I'd advise them to re-register with real names - so credit goes where due.
As to coding. Well, I've been around machines since ferrite cores and twin triodes - I can help you there, as can many of our new members, most of which are software guys. We can at least tell you where to find the right resources and save you from buying the wrong books (serious #).
Anyway, gotta run now, but have fun...water cooler is open for anything all the time, the other threads are for answers mainly. After a few posts, you get more permissions. This is a pretty cool, but very serious place, enjoy.
As to coding. Well, I've been around machines since ferrite cores and twin triodes - I can help you there, as can many of our new members, most of which are software guys. We can at least tell you where to find the right resources and save you from buying the wrong books (serious #).
Anyway, gotta run now, but have fun...water cooler is open for anything all the time, the other threads are for answers mainly. After a few posts, you get more permissions. This is a pretty cool, but very serious place, enjoy.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
Re: Saying hi from Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Get an arduino and start playing with that. The boards are cheap, the software is free, and you can make LEDs blink.
Re: Saying hi from Regina Saskatchewan Canada
Brent
Welcome
Jerry has given some sage advice
More doing less net surfing is how to progress
Welcome
Jerry has given some sage advice
More doing less net surfing is how to progress
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Saying hi from Regina Saskatchewan Canada
I'll third Jerry on this. Get going and do real things, it's the fastest way to learn and have some fun doing things that look like magic to the average Joe, and the Arduino is a pretty simple platform the limitations of which will force you into good habits.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.