Leybold TMP50
Re: Leybold TMP50
Got the new drive working. Open resistor and bad comparator on the speed sensing circuit.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Leybold TMP50
Good to know those can work. John F showed me one on a vidchat, and it looked like someone didn't know design very well to say the least.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Re: Leybold TMP50
Its not that bad when you start looking at the schematics and see what they were trying to accomplish. Considering how old the design and the features they worked in with only logic chips and some analog it is pretty decent. The newer drives seem to be pretty much the same just newer versions of the chips and everything is SMT.Doug Coulter wrote:Good to know those can work. John F showed me one on a vidchat, and it looked like someone didn't know design very well to say the least.
Re: Leybold TMP50
Jerry /Doug
I was an NT10 that I showed Doug with tracks blown off the board in the logic section not the output section.
Too Complex for such a simple operation and not driving it right with that zip ----zip ---zip power application to the drive.
Too many design engineers with nothing better to do. Jerry the earlier drive was a bit simpler but it still is wrong --is yours in that plastic orange /Black box??
I was an NT10 that I showed Doug with tracks blown off the board in the logic section not the output section.
Too Complex for such a simple operation and not driving it right with that zip ----zip ---zip power application to the drive.
Too many design engineers with nothing better to do. Jerry the earlier drive was a bit simpler but it still is wrong --is yours in that plastic orange /Black box??
Re: Leybold TMP50
Yeah, thats the one. I have schematics if you want them.