Greetings from Austin

Post here once you join, and tell us about yourself so we have a clue who we are talking to.
Keep threads short here -- once you have something to say, there's a topic here somplace where it will fit -- and if not, let me know and I will make subforums as necessary. We want all of hard science and tech up here, and if something doesn't fit -- that's my fault and I will fix that for you. See the rules and tips in the parent forum, please.
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
Post Reply
Donovan Ready
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Greetings from Austin

Post by Donovan Ready »

Good day, all. Thanks, Doug!

I'm a semi-retired IT guy and journeyman carpenter. Strangely enough, the two disciplines never seem to meet. :mrgreen:

Glad to be here!
User avatar
Doug Coulter
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Austin

Post by Doug Coulter »

Hey, I built an entire house to hold my toys and IT junk, does that count?
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Donovan Ready
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Greetings from Austin

Post by Donovan Ready »

I figure I have about 200 houses, some tract, but mostly custom. I've built over 10,000 computers, plus a few robots, and none of that really counts... 8-)
Post Reply