Hello From Vancouver Island
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
-
Brian Gage
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:54 pm
- Location: Duncan, B.C. Canada
Hello From Vancouver Island
Greetings. My name is Brian, I'm 64, totally blind, using a screen reader. I type, it talks. The Fukishima disaster re-kindled my cold war fears, and dormant interests in the realms of nuclear physics. After much web crawling and studying about Geiger counters, I obtained my first ever radiation survey meter in September (Monitor 4EC). My computer does the talking, so I didn't need a fancy counter. Sifting the web for knowledge (quite the task), I came across the fusor Forum and old teenage interests in plasma physics took hold. Doug and others from the Fusor Forum have been a great help when it comes to interpreting visuals... diagrams, circuits, shapes of fusors, and many other such questions.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Hello From Vancouver Island
Welcome Brian. It must take a lot of effort to do this, I'm impressed! Hope our pages help you - we get wordy at times, and use a lot of pix. Some of the videos might still be good, since they have sound.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Re: Hello From Vancouver Island
Hi Brian and welcome from Ireland - your still a kid, if a curious one 