Greetings from New Zealand. Bruce McLean here - I have just joined the forums and thought I would start with a quick intro & some background about myself:
Qualified in aircraft engineering in the NZ airforce way back with A&P Technician Training, Technical Diploma, Mechanical Engineering Degree & then on to post-graduate aero-systems engineering with the RAF over in the UK. About half of my 35 years professional experience has been in aviation related industries – both military & civil airline operations, maintenance, repair & overhaul and design experience in the USA a few years back.
I have lived in Australia, UK, USA (twice) and New Zealand - worked in manufacturing in heavy industry, aviation, transport, forestry, wood processing and general industrial component manufacturing. Through various roles in aviation & forestry have travelled a great deal.
Currently in a developmental role to help with the set up of a Coatings operation for Page & Macrae Engineering here in sunny Mount Maunganui in the North Island. We have re-commissioned a commercial scale PVD vacuum coating plant and have recently commenced regular commercial operations. Currently finalising commissioning of a prototype 100 kW atmospheric plasma spray system & in the more medium term timeframe, we are working towards an ion beam coating plant. It is hoped to span coatings from nanometric through to millimetric thickness via these technologies (in time). Interested in pretty much any plasma related technology at the moment and learning a great deal about the topic as I read more....
My interests include performance engine building and pretty much any high power to weight ratio motorsport, most music, chillies and fly fishing.
That's about it for now - regards to all.
Bruce
Bruce McLean Checking In...
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Bruce McLean Checking In...
Welcome Bruce, from the other side of the planet. We're all wanting to hear about your cool projects for sure. Some of us have done a little sputtering, and my only plasma deposition was with a oxy-acetylene torch and a powder injector, so I'm all ears! Enjoy the ride and the show!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.