I'll let the pictures tell this story, other than to mention that the material is acetal 32mm rod and the clip is a ¼" fuse clip.
Making a socket for my 18-1 tube.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Making a socket for my 18-1 tube.
Chris, isn't this a story about fabricating something, and therefore should go there?
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Re: Making a socket for my 18-1 tube.
It's about making something that measures something! Let's move it, if better elsewhere. The more important issue than making it is whether it mitigates or adds to the noise, which I can update here on.
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: Making a socket for my 18-1 tube.
Nothing is ever simple, but you didn't even mention measuring anything...
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.