After a few weeks of following some of the threads on this forum, I decided that it'd be polite to finally introduce myself:
My name is Chad Ramey, I'm 17 and currently reside in a town about 30 miles southwest of Atlanta, Georgia. I attend high school (against my will of course) and am currently in my senior year. Throughout the past few years of my life I have became quite obsessed with DIY high energy physics. I am on what is hopefully the stretch of building my own inertial electrostatic confinement fusion reactor, and I am expecting to do a series of research experiments on it this winter. Last year I was awarded Grand Prize for Physics in Georgia's state science fair for my work with these reactors and this year's goal is to make it to international!
Aside from physics, I take interests in music, robotics, and enjoying life. I play seven instruments, am the captain of three school-based robotics teams (BEST,VEX, and MATE), and live for the weekends when I can relax.
I guess that is a nice brief overview. I'll be posting about some of my projects (fusor, jet engine, robots, etc. etc.) in the coming weeks when I can find time. If you want to keep up with me, feel free to check out my blog at: http://chadramey.wordpress.com/ .
-Chad
A Brief Introduction; Hello from Georgia!
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.
- Chad Ramey
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:40 pm
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Contact:
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: A Brief Introduction; Hello from Georgia!
Welcome, Chad!
You are currently our youngest member. You might help inspire some of the other guys with that energy.
I'm into music too, haven't counted how many instruments I play, but it's a good number -- at one point it was my "day job" and who knows, might be again some day, but if so, next time
won't be drums in a hard rock band -- that's too much work even with the modern electronic ones! Mostly guitar and keys now, "for my ears only", sometimes a nice luxury not to have
to be "on" and just have fun
Looking forward to meeting you FF, as we' re not too far apart on the planet.
You are currently our youngest member. You might help inspire some of the other guys with that energy.
I'm into music too, haven't counted how many instruments I play, but it's a good number -- at one point it was my "day job" and who knows, might be again some day, but if so, next time
won't be drums in a hard rock band -- that's too much work even with the modern electronic ones! Mostly guitar and keys now, "for my ears only", sometimes a nice luxury not to have
to be "on" and just have fun
Looking forward to meeting you FF, as we' re not too far apart on the planet.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.