My Messes (Lab Tour)
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.
My Messes (Lab Tour)
Here are a few random views of my playroom, set one.
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.
Re: My Messes (Lab Tour)
Here is the second of three sets of pictures.
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.
Re: My Messes (Lab Tour)
And now, the other side of the wall. This by no means shows it all, but it'll be fun trying to identify what everything is in the pictures.
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.
Re: My Messes (Lab Tour)
Mike, Hi very nice and cozy lab. Just like the rest of us, another 20k sq ft and you would have it made. You have made good use of the available space (I have picked up a few ideas from your lay out). Shame that giant champion spark plug isn't for real; It would make a great feed-through. Best Wishes -bill
- Joe Jarski
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm
- Location: SouthEast Michigan
Re: My Messes (Lab Tour)
Wow, I have some catching up to do when it comes to equipment! It looks like things are pretty well organised and useable - I could take a few lessons from that. Thanks for the tour!
- Doug Coulter
- Posts: 3515
- Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm
- Location: Floyd county, VA, USA
- Contact:
Re: My Messes (Lab Tour)
Yup, another buncha sq feet would be real nice for many of us. I recognize much of that older test gear, as I still have some of the same stuff -- well built, reliable, it works...
I was surprised to see any floor showing at all with that much of a collection. Here it's often so bad that to walk the 12 feet across the shop to the lathe from the bench means walking about 35 feet to get around all the path blockages. Obviously I need more time doing organizing, and pushing more stuff out to the two storage facilities so I have just the good "working set" here.
Very nice setup, Mike! Me, I'm the guy always needing help to find the junk I'm pretty sure I have -- someplace. Creative chaos devolves all too easily into simple chaos, too much of the time.
I was surprised to see any floor showing at all with that much of a collection. Here it's often so bad that to walk the 12 feet across the shop to the lathe from the bench means walking about 35 feet to get around all the path blockages. Obviously I need more time doing organizing, and pushing more stuff out to the two storage facilities so I have just the good "working set" here.
Very nice setup, Mike! Me, I'm the guy always needing help to find the junk I'm pretty sure I have -- someplace. Creative chaos devolves all too easily into simple chaos, too much of the time.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.