Hey Doug,
Been a while since I checked on your progress with the Volt. We still have both of ours now for over 5 years. Cheapest car to run I ever own.
Search found 87 matches
- Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:04 pm
- Forum: Alt energy
- Topic: Volt 2+ year stats
- Replies: 11
- Views: 28255
- Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:35 am
- Forum: Alt energy
- Topic: Listeroid 8HP stationary diesel engine
- Replies: 14
- Views: 31199
Re: Listeroid 8HP stationary diesel engine
Doug have you figured out a way to pre heat it in the winter months?
I can relate t the getting old, just had my left ankle operated on again, plate removed and ligaments fix and a bunch of scar tissue removed, hurts like hell hope it is better than before. I hate those damn opiate pain killers.
I can relate t the getting old, just had my left ankle operated on again, plate removed and ligaments fix and a bunch of scar tissue removed, hurts like hell hope it is better than before. I hate those damn opiate pain killers.
- Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:05 am
- Forum: Alt energy
- Topic: Listeroid 8HP stationary diesel engine
- Replies: 14
- Views: 31199
Re: Listeroid 8HP stationary diesel engine
Doug from what I have read those are notorious for being full of trash from the factory. Change the oil and run it for another few hours to see what happens. If the trash persists of course then something is definitely wrong.
- Tue May 19, 2015 8:57 pm
- Forum: Embedded software
- Topic: Improved UNO DS18B20 sketch
- Replies: 2
- Views: 11804
Re: Improved UNO DS18B20 sketch
That's pretty cool Doug! I have been thinking more about the automation of the homestead here. There are lots of opportunities for improvements in this operation.
Now tell us about the png in the lower left corner!

Now tell us about the png in the lower left corner!
- Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:30 pm
- Forum: Embedded software
- Topic: Barometer and temperature on Raspberry Pi -perl
- Replies: 9
- Views: 19651
Re: Barometer and temperature on Raspberry Pi -perl
SO you are just going to sample at some frequency and load a DB accordingly.
- Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:03 pm
- Forum: Embedded software
- Topic: Barometer and temperature on Raspberry Pi -perl
- Replies: 9
- Views: 19651
Re: Barometer and temperature on Raspberry Pi -perl
Doug when you daemonize the code will you just let it listen to a port and when "tickled" with a connection it will then return the data you desire?
- Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 pm
- Forum: PC
- Topic: Thermal data system
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11505
Re: Thermal data system
The current system has a controller on it, a Goldline GL30 and it works correctly I think. It has temp sensors, one in the collector and one near the bottom of the tank on an outlet pipe. None are wet. I would like to get the tank temp near the top where it draws off the "preheat" water for the gas ...
- Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:19 am
- Forum: PC
- Topic: Thermal data system
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11505
Thermal data system
Doug I want to do and inexpensive data acquisition for my solar hot water system, I know you did some alarm stuff around your place. I think 4 channels of input would be plenty. I think I prefer WiFi for transmission medium.
- Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:10 am
- Forum: Alt energy
- Topic: Volt 2+ year stats
- Replies: 11
- Views: 28255
Re: Volt 2+ year stats
You know Doug we are loving the 3+ years on both our Volts, virtual maintenance free. Only oil changes and tire rotations here with one trip to the dealer for the low coolant issue on early Volts. I think mine has just short of 30K miles on it and only 75 gallons of fuel for long distance treks ...
- Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:11 am
- Forum: Trading Markets
- Topic: The daily link
- Replies: 201
- Views: 538999
Re: The daily link
Looks like t-minus 2 years and counting!