Monarch 10ee servo re-retrofit
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am
With the other thread on gear hobbing and servos going I started to think about my 10ee that I retrofitted to servo a couple years ago. I never had mounted the drives or tidied up the wiring so I figured it was time. Also figured that while I was at it I would install a 5kw Mitsubishi servo and drive I has lying around. I tested it out the other night and the thing worked so I went ahead and built a support structure for the drives and its supporting components. I also figured it would be a good time to install the VFD for the coolant pump too.
I had some polypropylene sheet that I had pulled from an old semiconductor was station. Cut it up at work and then welded it together with my Leister hot air plastic welder. Here are a couple pics of the rack sitting in the area in the base of the lathe where the motor-generator used to be:

End cover by macona, on Flickr

Side cover by macona, on Flickr
Last night I mounted the drives and the support parts, terminal blocks, din rail, 24v power supply for logic, main breaker, vfd breaker, main contactor, and 240-120v control transformer. In the event of a alarm output on the servo drive the main contactor opens and kill the bus power. The control transformer is for the contactor. I only had a contactor in that size in 110v coil. It took about three hours to get it wired up to this point:

Drive unit by macona, on Flickr

Drive unit by macona, on Flickr
I had some polypropylene sheet that I had pulled from an old semiconductor was station. Cut it up at work and then welded it together with my Leister hot air plastic welder. Here are a couple pics of the rack sitting in the area in the base of the lathe where the motor-generator used to be:

End cover by macona, on Flickr

Side cover by macona, on Flickr
Last night I mounted the drives and the support parts, terminal blocks, din rail, 24v power supply for logic, main breaker, vfd breaker, main contactor, and 240-120v control transformer. In the event of a alarm output on the servo drive the main contactor opens and kill the bus power. The control transformer is for the contactor. I only had a contactor in that size in 110v coil. It took about three hours to get it wired up to this point:

Drive unit by macona, on Flickr

Drive unit by macona, on Flickr


