Actually did something with my little Hercus CNC lathe I retrofitted last year. I needed to make some adapters for work that adapted the old camera stands that used to hold Mitchell camera to allow us to mount Manfrotto pan/tilt tripod heads. The stands have a female 1/2-13 thread and the heads have 3/8-16. So I made a bunch of little adapter that go between the two. No cam was used in the code, but a little was generated in the Mach3 Turning Wizard.
Click on the video twice to see it in HD on the youtube site.
Re: My little Hercus
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:31 pm
by Doug Coulter
Yup, that needed a movie. Too cool for words. I'm trying real hard not to be overly jealous!
I couldn't tell for sure till it stopped for a second you were threading at that speed -- the feed seemed fast, but you can't tell the spindle speed in a movie. Wow!
Re: My little Hercus
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:43 am
by Jerry
That was 1750 RPM threading. It will do faster. Depending on the pitch up to the full spindle speed of 3200 RPM.
Re: My little Hercus
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:48 pm
by MrBain
That's bad as hell!
I am working on a project that you and your Hercus might can help me with Jerry.