Page 1 of 1

The focus, in well, focus

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:39 pm
by Doug Coulter
Dang that's a hard shot to get and this won't be the very best - it's a frame extracted from a 720p video and I can do better once I get the hang of it, but this is the first close to in focus pic from straight on of the fusor grid that I'm aware of being taken by a decent camera. Most cameras try to focus on the window, the protective screen, the back of the tank, the ion grid...anything but the real action.
Got lucky, I guess (the thing I was actually trying to do didn't work out, so I guess I get a little consolation prize). Now to learn how to take this new camera off auto and really get a good one...heck, it even got the colors right (which is also rare).
Looking into the front of the fusor at the grid focus.
Looking into the front of the fusor at the grid focus.

Re: The focus, in well, focus

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:18 am
by johnf
nice shot