You don't like it? Try another universe then.

This is where there are basically no rules about topics, or off-topics. Discuss things here of fleeting interest.
Forum rules
Here, you can discuss anything (well, anything legal and not offensive) you want to. Use this for gassing about any half-baked theories, general getting to know one another, and other things that as someone once said, should be forgotten after awhile. This sub forum is set to auto-remove threads that haven't been posted on for a couple weeks, emptied like the office trash can. Almost anything goes here, the idea being to keep the other forums and threads more on topic but in a maximally friendly way. If anything actually worthwhile should wind up here, let me know and I will make it immune from being removed.

You don't like it? Try another universe then.

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDTcMD6pOw

I just like this guy. Feynman for the win. I'm tempted to send this link to all those who tell me I have to make the explanations of fusion much simpler...It is what it is, I can't help that.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Re: You don't like it? Try another universe then.

Postby Donovan Ready » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm

I miss him far more than I do Carl Sagan. Image
Image Donovan
Donovan Ready

Re: You don't like it? Try another universe then.

Postby Doug Coulter » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:26 pm

It's kind of like the difference between being able to copy how Hendrix (or Coltrane, or...) played, note for note, and having more or less defined the form in the first place. Today's copiers are weak and non-original.
And some politics today seems to think the majority rules on what the laws of the universe are. GoodLuckWithThat as they say on /.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to The water cooler -- disscusions about anything