A good teacher

Tricks of the trade

A good teacher

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:35 pm

While few of us here (you know who you are) are ace machinists, some of us, like myself, would be classed as hobbyist sorts who have a few tools and just use them to get our own projects done. Most of us cannot afford CNC machines that cost most of a million bucks, and substitute tons of steel and granite (for rigidity) and ridiculous horsepower for the brains and technique of the operator, so they can be run by dummies.

This guy, Joe, has a nice youtube site that has already taught me a lot of very useful stuff. It can still be "it's the man, not the machine" - and a good workman doesn't complain about his tools, because he makes or obtains the good stuff. Joe seems to appreciate our type, and likes views, so for that reason - and because hey, this is good stuff, I'd invite anybody here interested in some neat tricks to go see his site and learn. I know I had a few head-slap, facepalm, Mind. Blown. moments in just a few of those videos. Go Joe!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpp6lg ... a5w/videos
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Shop tips and kinks