Magnetron data and cross reference

High frequency, antennas

Magnetron data and cross reference

Postby Doug Coulter » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:33 pm

I didn't list this under vendors yet, as I've not used them yet, but probably will. This has some good commercial microwave magnetron data in it.

http://www.mainelectronics.com/mags.htm
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Re: Magnetron data and cross reference

Postby William A Washburn » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am

I just read your mod on the magnetron for CW operation. I swear, Doug, You're a darned genius. I never would have thought of
basically starting over with a low-power magnetron and modifying each potential failure mode created by the CW mods you had to make.
Some of us would say "you can't do that" it's too complicated. Your attitude seems to be "let's get to it NOW" and deal with the problems as they pop up.
You da man!
William A Washburn

Postby Starfire » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:01 am

Doug - where can I read your 'mod on CW magnetrons'? tks
Starfire

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:47 am

Aw shucks, it weren't much. I just happened to have half a dozen scrapped microwave ovens (BillF) and the need for some CW microwaves to make an Electron Cyclotron Resonance ion source.
I guess I should re-post that stuff (perhaps re written) up on ion source forum. I've not written much more about it because I haven't had to think about it much -- it just works. That's actually pretty uncommon for a source that makes copious monatomic ions at low pressures, but you know human nature -- if it works, you move on to the things that don't.

I think he means this, on my old web page.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to RF