Fusor remote - the big one

This is somewhat of an admission of failure. You can't easily pigeon-hole everything, and most real projects use commercial software, homebrew, and hardware all at once. So, for you makers out there (including me) - this is where to put whole projects that don't fit well in the other forums.

Re: Fusor remote - the big one

Postby Donovan Ready » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:05 am

At our age, that's doubtful, but I'll go with it.. :lol:
Donovan Ready

Re: Fusor remote - the big one

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:11 am

I still don't have the pathology report, but on the day after suture removal - not too bad, I just have a built in smirk.
PostSurgery.jpg
Ridge at the bottom fading fast -- should be fine. I never did win a beauty pageant anyway.

While testing other stuff, when I turned on what I call "scientific power" my ion supply, at the time under no load, just went up in smoke. On inspection, it was soaking wet on top. Thing is, it was under a sq foot of spare lead sheet that wasn't wet, and nothing else was wet either. It smoked ahead of any fusing, burning a couple pins off the connector in the control PCB, it's probably repairable, but due to Bill being Bill, we have a spare, which I hope to lash in today, and fix it all at leisure later on. Like brave chemists of the past, I tasted the liquid, which was clear then (it had a very low pH, very acid). Now the rag I wiped it off with looks like this a day or two later:
100_3119.JPG
Rag...it wasn't purple when I used it.

I can do without this kind of distraction!
100_3118.JPG
I'll fix this one I think, once I get it washed out of whatever that evil stuff was.

A few final touches on the code, and it's ready to rock....news soon I hope.

Those who won't be stopped...can't be.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Previous

Return to Combined projects