The daily link

It appears some of us are interested in the business of trading, hopefully for both fun and profit.
Here's a place to talk about that. I suggest two main categories. How to trade (timeless), and what are you trading now, and why, and how it turned out. Those tend to be missing from the pro boards, so pundits can have selective memory....but that's not all that is important. Being wrong is part of the game, and how to handle it and make money anyway is crucial, for just one example.
Forum rules
The usual. Be nice, be informative, tell it like it is.

Re: The daily link

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

This is definitely a case of "consider the source" - Alex Jones is a bit of an extremist to say the least. But if true, this is VERY SCARY.
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-supplier-pr ... um=twitter

DHS is buying targets that look like this as part of a new effort named "no hesitation" when shooting civilians. That's just gross.
H/T Ryan for sending me the link.
190213target1.jpg
DHS is buying targets like these for practice.

190213target5.jpg

Other targets at the link show an old man with a shotgun defending his home, children....this is sickening. I, as a target shooter and competitor, don't even shoot the "penguin" targets - too close to a human - I don't want to have the reflex of shooting humans or human-like things.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Joe Jarski » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Yes, it's definitely disgusting!... and true... Though, I don't know that DHS is buying them it's sickening to think that anyone would.

These have since been taken off of the website since it started getting around, but it can be found in the cached form here (pictures have been deleted, but the descriptions say it all)...
Joe Jarski

Postby Doug Coulter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Glad I snatched a couple then. Funny how getting out means suddenly being suppressed, eh? Sigh. At least this one is funny (huge, click the pic).
TwoCows.jpg
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Actually, it's not just America with this imbalance. There are worse places!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... PKKQnijnsM

Most of us here are well off the bottom of this chart, but also no where near the top, and from what I can tell - we all work pretty hard and DO provide value.
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Why stuff from China is so cheap.
http://static.video.qq.com/TPout.swf?au ... 010673xh67

Check out this child running a loader; if you skip or watch to the end, look at his use of the gears - it's not his first time.
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:13 am

Italy just elected this guy. Whoa, how'd that happen. No wonder the CB's are in a scramble...to keep him from gaining any real power. We could use a guy like this - and this is from '98 - he catches on quick.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_em ... yCpidT53nY
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Some really good illustrations showing that left-right axis is truly orthogonal to slaves vs freedom.

For example:
NolanChart.png

The rest are here. Been saying this awhile, probably not as well as this author.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-1 ... an-america
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 am

April Fools day. Funny in a kind of sick way.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-0 ... leptocracy

As reported on ZH, PMbug, and other places...no western bank is now any safer than a Cyprus one. Reading the laws (some recent) you can be "haircut" in your deposits by any of them to avoid yet another taxpayer bailout. This *could* be a good thing - maybe we should demand they pay us more interest on our deposits, since it turns out that they DO put our money at real risk, and not just risk to their bonuses. In fact, BOFA/ML recently moved their prop trading division over so that it could use *your* funds in its risktaking. And we know from experience they aren't very good at that. No one knows whether this is an April Fools Joke or not - but here we have (from spain) the very first official "bank of mattress". Nice vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2vp2fUqOPc
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:28 pm

In an international school, the teacher asks the students, "can you-all tell me your individual opinion towards shortage of food in other countries?"

The African student asks, "what is food?"

The European student asks, "what is shortage?"

The American student asks, "what are other countries?"

The Chinese student asks, "what is individual opinion?"
Doug Coulter

PreviousNext

Return to Trading Markets