Fog Over Portland

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

Fog Over Portland

Postby Jerry » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Last night coming home from the last night of Wizard Comic Con I stopped on the Freemont Bridge and took some pics of the fog that came up off the Willamette River. Few more here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/67292116@ ... 493498111/

And pics from the Con here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/67292116@ ... 478170961/
My friends did the Animaniacs and Wizard of Oz group.

ImageIMG_1290 by macona, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1293 by macona, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1295 by macona, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1292 by macona, on Flickr
Jerry

Re: Fog Over Portland

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm

That's awesomely beautiful...I've shown these shots to a few pals on G+, and they think so too. Good job you had a camera on you. I seem to always miss those great ones, as I don't carry a cam most of the time (don't even have a cell phone, only a "real camera"). Here one of the cooler things we see - not often, just sometimes, you'd have to call mist wraiths, or angels. They can assume near human form, usually about 100 feet tall, and just hover in valleys. I'll have to start bringing the camera with me this spring, perhaps I can catch some - they tend to show up in 3's for whatever reason. Obviously, conditions have to be just right - and no wind. We get those in spring, after a rain, sometimes.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Eye Candy