New equipment

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

Re: New equipment

Postby johnf » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:03 pm

I Haven't posted in a while
This does not mean that I have not been busy.
have removed the high voltage accel section and door and fitted a new SS door with a low accel section --good to around 40kV
this is now setup for large area sputtering so I'm running 20kV 15mA argon ion beam onto target de jour. Just finishing some Chromium work for a customer
New door using the same ion source but on a low voltage ceramic break you can see the 3kV Zener array that provides the ion source anode / cathode potential, local small bottle of Argon and the metal clad resistors 20K total that provide the ballast to the Spellman PSU
The Clear and blue lines going to the ion source are the Kerosine cooling loop that keep the NdFeB magnets happy inside the ion source
DSCN1438.JPG

heres the high voltage door sitting on the bench
DSCN1440.JPG
johnf

Re: New equipment

Postby Doug Coulter » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Elegant way to arrange the resistors! But I see the problem with the first thing - man, that's on there crooked!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Previous

Return to Eye Candy