A new toy for a customer

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

A new toy for a customer

Postby johnf » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:49 pm

I have been extremely busy recently helping make an implanter for an external customer.

It all works and is about to be disassembled and put in crates and shipped overseas.
It is a versitile implanter capable of putting a 40kV 1mA proton to lead (Pb) beam on target.
The magnet is a work of art made for us by Buckly Systems here in NZ
Enjoy the pics

im1.jpg

im2.jpg

im3.jpg

im4.jpg

im5.jpg
johnf

Re: A new toy for a customer

Postby Starfire » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 pm

drool :!:
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 pm

John - I am trying to get a H proton beam but use an Ion gun which Steven made for me - how .would this work with H ? a much lighter particle.
Starfire

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:10 am

He said it works from H to lead - the whole range. You probably don't quite need that much stuff, depending on what you're doing...
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Eye Candy