My VEX Robot

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

My VEX Robot

Postby Chad Ramey » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 pm

For the past two years I have been competiting in an international robotics competition known simply as Vex Robotics Competition. Each year the engineers at Vex come up with a challenge and then high schools from around the world build robots to compete against each other centered around the particular problem. This year's competition is a ring scoring game called round up that works like this:

So far my team, team 95, has competed in 6 competitions and of those 6 competitions we've qualified for the international championship at three. The championship this year is at Disney World, so my teammate and I are getting all expense paid trip to enjoy orlando while enjoying competing against the world's best teams.
Now for the eye candy. This is our robot: