My Messes (Lab Tour)

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

My Messes (Lab Tour)

Postby vmike » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:07 am

Here are a few random views of my playroom, set one.
lab1.JPG
lab2.JPG
lab3.JPG
lab4.JPG
lab5.JPG
lab6.JPG
lab7.JPG
I tried to contain myself, but I escaped.
vmike

Re: My Messes (Lab Tour)

Postby vmike » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:10 am

Here is the second of three sets of pictures.
lab8.JPG
lab9.JPG
lab10.JPG
lab11.JPG
lab12.JPG
lab13.JPG
lab14.JPG
vmike

Postby vmike » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:16 am

And now, the other side of the wall.
hamstation1.JPG
hamstation2.JPG
lab15.JPG
lab16.JPG
lab17.JPG
lab18.JPG
lab20.JPG
This by no means shows it all, but it'll be fun trying to identify what everything is in the pictures.
vmike

Postby Bill Fain » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:31 am

Mike, Hi very nice and cozy lab. Just like the rest of us, another 20k sq ft and you would have it made. You have made good use of the available space (I have picked up a few ideas from your lay out). Shame that giant champion spark plug isn't for real; It would make a great feed-through. Best Wishes -bill
Bill Fain

Postby Joe Jarski » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Wow, I have some catching up to do when it comes to equipment! It looks like things are pretty well organised and useable - I could take a few lessons from that. Thanks for the tour!
Joe Jarski

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Yup, another buncha sq feet would be real nice for many of us. I recognize much of that older test gear, as I still have some of the same stuff -- well built, reliable, it works...
I was surprised to see any floor showing at all with that much of a collection. Here it's often so bad that to walk the 12 feet across the shop to the lathe from the bench means walking about 35 feet to get around all the path blockages. Obviously I need more time doing organizing, and pushing more stuff out to the two storage facilities so I have just the good "working set" here.

Very nice setup, Mike! Me, I'm the guy always needing help to find the junk I'm pretty sure I have -- someplace. Creative chaos devolves all too easily into simple chaos, too much of the time.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Eye Candy