My little Hercus

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

My little Hercus

Postby Jerry » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Actually did something with my little Hercus CNC lathe I retrofitted last year. I needed to make some adapters for work that adapted the old camera stands that used to hold Mitchell camera to allow us to mount Manfrotto pan/tilt tripod heads. The stands have a female 1/2-13 thread and the heads have 3/8-16. So I made a bunch of little adapter that go between the two. No cam was used in the code, but a little was generated in the Mach3 Turning Wizard.

Click on the video twice to see it in HD on the youtube site.

Jerry

Re: My little Hercus

Postby Doug Coulter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Yup, that needed a movie. Too cool for words. I'm trying real hard not to be overly jealous!
I couldn't tell for sure till it stopped for a second you were threading at that speed -- the feed seemed fast, but you can't tell the spindle speed in a movie. Wow!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Jerry » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:43 am

That was 1750 RPM threading. It will do faster. Depending on the pitch up to the full spindle speed of 3200 RPM.
Jerry

Postby MrBain » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:48 pm

That's bad as hell!

I am working on a project that you and your Hercus might can help me with Jerry.

If you want, drop me a line at john.bain@nationalautomation.us

Thansk!
MrBain

Return to Eye Candy