The focus, in well, focus

Pictures du jour here.
Forum rules
This is a good place to put pix of your lab or shop intended to produce the drool reaction. If topics get lengthy here, we may want to move most of the discussion to where it fits in the org scheme here (such as it is). Good place for announcements of things you just got working and so on. Respecting readers who may not have large bandwidth, try and keep the pictures to about one megapixel -- we have the BW and the storage here, no problems, but some readers may not.

The focus, in well, focus

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Dang that's a hard shot to get and this won't be the very best - it's a frame extracted from a 720p video and I can do better once I get the hang of it, but this is the first close to in focus pic from straight on of the fusor grid that I'm aware of being taken by a decent camera. Most cameras try to focus on the window, the protective screen, the back of the tank, the ion grid...anything but the real action.
Got lucky, I guess (the thing I was actually trying to do didn't work out, so I guess I get a little consolation prize). Now to learn how to take this new camera off auto and really get a good one...heck, it even got the colors right (which is also rare).
vlcsnap-2019-08-15-16h32m13s422.png
Looking into the front of the fusor at the grid focus.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Re: The focus, in well, focus

Postby johnf » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:18 am

nice shot
johnf

Return to Eye Candy