Oregon Steam Up

This is where there are basically no rules about topics, or off-topics. Discuss things here of fleeting interest.
Forum rules
Here, you can discuss anything (well, anything legal and not offensive) you want to. Use this for gassing about any half-baked theories, general getting to know one another, and other things that as someone once said, should be forgotten after awhile. This sub forum is set to auto-remove threads that haven't been posted on for a couple weeks, emptied like the office trash can. Almost anything goes here, the idea being to keep the other forums and threads more on topic but in a maximally friendly way. If anything actually worthwhile should wind up here, let me know and I will make it immune from being removed.

Re: Oregon Steam Up

Postby Jerry » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 am

Nice. What's with the duct tape?

Supluscenter has small radiators that would be just fine for that.
Jerry

Postby Bill Fain » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:00 am

Jerry, Hi. Thanks for the comment and info. It was raining cats and dogs when I picked this up. Even under a tarp I was worried everything would get wet while on the highway. May repaint it with John Deere green. -bill
Bill Fain

Postby Doug Coulter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 pm

I just know you'd better not expect me to store it for you -- you'll never get it back!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Bill Fain » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi, Yes I had considered that possibility. I may bring it by for a visit; once I get it set up on the base. -bill
Bill Fain

Postby Bill Fain » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:27 am

Hi, Made a little progress on the Listeroid. The baseplate is constructed and the equipment partially mounted. I plan to permanently mount it on a 5000 Lb capacity Raymond hand jack (in photo). I will need this mobility to get it into the tight space under my backyard shed. Plus if I ever want to "show" the engine, it will be easier to move. I don't have a machine shop, so a local friend is helping me. -bill
Listeroid_update_042311.JPG
Bill Fain

Previous

Return to The water cooler -- disscusions about anything