Examples

This is where there are basically no rules about topics, or off-topics. Discuss things here of fleeting interest.
Forum rules
Here, you can discuss anything (well, anything legal and not offensive) you want to. Use this for gassing about any half-baked theories, general getting to know one another, and other things that as someone once said, should be forgotten after awhile. This sub forum is set to auto-remove threads that haven't been posted on for a couple weeks, emptied like the office trash can. Almost anything goes here, the idea being to keep the other forums and threads more on topic but in a maximally friendly way. If anything actually worthwhile should wind up here, let me know and I will make it immune from being removed.

Examples

Postby Doug Coulter » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 pm

I have this wild idea that neutron output from fusors isn't isotropic, and that knowing this, we might do some cool things with it in cases where we want a high concentration in one direction for activating things, or to avoid exposing the whole lab to neutron fluxes.

Or,

I like hot rods, and recently bought myself a real nice one, it's a 2010 Camaro SS and seems faster than most of the cars I won races with when I did that as a hobby, and here's a picture. Depsite being super tuned and chipped on the way to me, it still gets better gas milage than my honda 6 cylinder truck which makes something less than half the 480 hp the Camao does, and I drive the truck like a truck, and the car like a hotrod. As in, I've already found out that I have about 2k rpm left on the tach in 6th gear when the speedo pegs at 180 mph....(don't try this at home, I had police help for that test).

Or,

Despite my garden getting frozen three times at the beginning of the year, then a drought, it's making some of the nicest hot pepper and tomatoes ever, if you can find them in the 5 foot tall weeds. It's been too hot to go out there and weed the thing, but it's doing fine anyway.
Attachments
coolplates.jpg
Nice ride.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to The water cooler -- disscusions about anything