New logo

This is where there are basically no rules about topics, or off-topics. Discuss things here of fleeting interest.
Forum rules
Here, you can discuss anything (well, anything legal and not offensive) you want to. Use this for gassing about any half-baked theories, general getting to know one another, and other things that as someone once said, should be forgotten after awhile. This sub forum is set to auto-remove threads that haven't been posted on for a couple weeks, emptied like the office trash can. Almost anything goes here, the idea being to keep the other forums and threads more on topic but in a maximally friendly way. If anything actually worthwhile should wind up here, let me know and I will make it immune from being removed.

Re: New logo

Postby JonathanH13 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm

This sort of thing can be done in a million different fonts, brushed metal textures, etc. It is really just a matter of preference. I thought a 'machine bolt' or a 'molecular' font could work. The complete 'Coulter's Smithing' might be nice as well, with the fusor in between the two words. Here I had to stick to capitals all the way, to increase the size of the 'O' for the fusor image...
Attachments
coulter colour.jpg
JonathanH13

Postby chrismb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:27 am

I like it! Definitely in the right direction for a logo, IMHO.
chrismb

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:05 am

I like it too - if I can make it fit over the other blue -- there are some silly rules about it having to have a transparent background, be a certain size and so on. I'll play with this and see if it can be made to fit. I don't know where the code is that tells the browser to make it XY size despite what you put up there as a pic file, but it does that and shrinks (asymmetric sometimes) if you don't match the thing's silly expectations.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Ok, I did it, but left the background black so it would show up at all (blue on blue, not so much). Logo is now 60x267. Looks like it could be better centered vertically, we are looking into that.

Comments? I like this one a lot better myself, just like it is now, but I suppose now that we know how to do it, any further changes ought to happen before we forget how to again.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Joseph Moody » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 am

Let me mock something up in blender as a submission for this if its not to late to put something out there.
Joseph Moody

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Sure we'll look at it if nothing else, just post it on this thread. I'm fairly happy with what we have, it's kind of our sig now. But you never know.
Doug Coulter

Postby Donovan Ready » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 pm

The file for specifying the site logo is in /forum/prosilver/imageset/imageset.cfg. There's a nicer way to do it, but this one works pretty well.
Donovan Ready

Postby Joseph Moody » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm learning a software, Defined projects are a good exercise and I been jumping at them recently. Sides if nothing else it keeps me out of trouble for a few hours.
Joseph Moody

Previous

Return to The water cooler -- disscusions about anything