Fusor net

This is where there are basically no rules about topics, or off-topics. Discuss things here of fleeting interest.
Forum rules
Here, you can discuss anything (well, anything legal and not offensive) you want to. Use this for gassing about any half-baked theories, general getting to know one another, and other things that as someone once said, should be forgotten after awhile. This sub forum is set to auto-remove threads that haven't been posted on for a couple weeks, emptied like the office trash can. Almost anything goes here, the idea being to keep the other forums and threads more on topic but in a maximally friendly way. If anything actually worthwhile should wind up here, let me know and I will make it immune from being removed.

Fusor net

Postby johnf » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 pm

I'm having trouble logging in to Fusor.net
How is everybody else doing
It says i'm logged in but try to post and it brings up the login screen
johnf

Re: Fusor net

Postby Doug Coulter » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am

I haven't been there in awhile, but when I was they were having "issues" that came and went. I didn't try to post but did manage to log in about a week after I first tried and it was "hard down" as in no dns resolution. Seemed OK when I could get there at all. Maybe someone needs to tell their ISP about it (though they probably know as they're probably getting complaints from other sites - unless they are doing self hosting). No DNS is serious stuff...

We have some new data, but there's more to collect in this batch. Finally, some real transit time measurements under some interesting conditions...I had to write a bunch more software to pull scope data out during a run and then analyze that to get any accurate results - better to go from actual numbers than trying to get the info off a low rez video.

Got some interesting results using a ~28khz HV AC ion grid drive. Once lit it's hard to put out and will run to lower gas pressure than ever, looking like lower than the actual best Q spot, which we weren't quite at before. HV at "tesla coil" frequencies is no joke to handle..hard to keep the corona losses down and so on even with custom built containment and really good wire and so on.
And it's not that high in our case, in the region of 10kv or so

Curtis Faith is here for a visit, we're having fun working out the whichness of the why.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to The water cooler -- disscusions about anything