Remote control shakedown run

Data from actual runs of fusors goes here, we can discuss it elesewhere in other sub forums I will create as needed -- let me know.
Forum rules
Put data and fusor information from actual runs here. We'd like to know how well you are doing, and how you did it in some detail here. We can discuss elsewhere, this is for real reports from actual experiments only, or at least, mainly.

Remote control shakedown run

Postby Doug Coulter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 pm

https://youtu.be/zc-r23B6f-8

I'm happy to report that there's actually nothing much scientific or computer related to report...Why? Because this shakedown simply worked as intended. I didn't push anything hard, didn't see one of the anomalies we've seen and I applied what I hope were fixes for (hardware and software) and it just plain worked. That's the big news! FINALLY, we are now ready to attempt to replicate that big breakthrough we thought we had earlier and will be able to document it in detail in such a way as to satisfy the scientific community we're not blowing smoke here. A big load off my stress levels, in other words. While somewhat record breaking for the normal amateur Farnsworth fusor community, this run is really nothing special at all - that isn't what I am really going for down the road. I wanted a fairly good systems test, just get up, go turn things on, run it, get data, make sure that all works so now we can play with parameters. I think I may have bumped the scope probe for the Faraday_F (front of tank near ion grid) as it didn't move at least while I was watching. That's not normal, I will check for the next time, as that can be valuable data about transit times of charges in the tank. "It's always something" right?

Looks like this run kissed 10 million neutons/second, highest average around 4, average-average around 2 million. As I said, nothing special for here. I didn't try to tune for max smoke at all, and had most of the current limits on supplies set to "real safe, don't burn anything up" or something under 500w input max. It was nicely chilly in the fusor room and nothing got warm to the touch. Maybe 200 seconds under power - a short run just to see how things worked and if anything crashed. It all worked, YAY!

We had indium in the "neutron oven" and while this was neither a particularly long or hot run, it looks to my eye like we activated it a little. I put it on the counter at ~35 seconds and took it off at ~ 100 seconds. Not bad considering how short the run was.
IndiumShakedown.png
From a standard counter in the lab
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Re: Remote control shakedown run

Postby Paul Fontana » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:04 pm

Congratulations, Doug! I've been rooting for you and checking in almost daily to see if there has been anything to report. Glad to hear there isn't - sometimes "nothing happened" is the biggest milestone!

Waiting with bated breath to find out more about the "breakthrough." What's the status of the patent filing that will let you spill the beans? Wasn't there some deadline last fall? I was hoping we'd be able to learn more after that.

-- pwf
Paul Fontana

Postby Doug Coulter » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:33 pm

We will have more to report, hopefully a lot sooner and with more frequency (a joke you'll get later) now. Assuming this wasn't a fluke and I don't have to spend yet more time fixing hardware (which is all kind of sacrificial by design - we know our high output mode is going to, errm, transmute the silicon in the computers, and it's a good thing they won't have to be so close in the real production version) and software; found one bug today, not serious - I left out GTK3 event processing in my code that updates my screen status log while waiting for video copies to the database, which I obliquely mentioned near the end of the video - easy to fix now that I know I forgot that.

I was running in a lashup known not to produce the big outputs till this is nailed down all the way in conventional mode. Though they are cheap, having to replace all those computers will be a pain, and we don't expect real long life from them in that mode. Normally I only run at all with another scientist/witness/buddy-safety-system person present (usually my partner in this crime, BillF), but confidence is rising and I'm not trying to prove anything right now except for data acquisition working right. We could have news as early as later in the week, stay tuned - no more month(s) waits now. Sorry it's been taking so long, frankly, but life has a way of happening despite your other priorities, and I've had my share of that lately.
(Cancer surgery, heart issues, and backed my Volt into a Dodge Ram while this was uploading - and while putting only a minor scratch on the Volt, almost totaled the other person's vehicle, oops - my bad, they didn't deserve it and are church-mouse poor, so I gotta take care of them. I thought Dodge made real trucks!)

We're elected to go with a special direct-to-USPTO disclosure method or legal guys made us aware of, which will be finished soon (they will want this and other data too). Assuming we were not totally off base, this is gonna be a lot of fun as it's kind of a head-slapper in retrospect, yet still not obvious to "a practitioner of the art" or at least, no one's stumbled onto this in all the years since Farnsworth. One of those "oh, hindsight" kinds of things.

You should note that in this rather special lashup, our ion source grid acts like a control grid in a plasma triode (that idea in somewhat different form and use was patented by Phillips for car radio output devices in the '50s - and then transistors made that moot), that would be roughly modeled by a big, high voltage, enhancement mode P-Fet with a sloppy zener across the G-S junction (when the ion grid starts to draw current and influence the main grid via producing more ions for it to work with - so you could also call it a huge pnp transistor with a big Vbe I guess). That's part of the picture and no secret - that was kind of handled by others after Farnsworth, but they didn't flesh out all the implications as we have. In that model, the tank is the source electrode, the ion grid the gate, and the main grid the drain electrode. It's actually a pretty close analogy - and it has tons of (electrical) power gain. This run was with "negative feedback" so it wouldn't oscillate.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby johnf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:52 am

Ha Ha
more frequency i reckon about 2400000000
just a wild guess

Go Doug
johnf

Postby Paul Fontana » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:55 am

Doug - by all means, take your time! I didn't mean to put any pressure on. As I'm sure I don't have to tell you, when you get close to success is sometimes when you have to hold yourself in check a bit. When you get over-eager at the smell of victory is when accidents happen. What you've accomplished so far in the midst of everything life has been throwing at you is already heroic, IMO. We can be patient while you do the rest the right way.

Johnf - he may be trying to heat water, but not that way! By my estimates what you'd want is more in the RF range to beat the space charge.

-- pwf
Paul Fontana

Postby johnf » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Hey Paul
I've been to Dougs
he uses a magnetron based ion source to keep the beast going at low pressures.
But He has hinted at the relaxation oscillator mode a well
johnf

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:47 pm

John, you may have missed that we no longer use the maggie ion source, as the separate ion grid out in the big space does a better job (And lots more ionization/watt at our operating points), though it won't go to quite as low a pressure as the electron cyclotron would. For grins, I had built a 1/4 wave 2.4 gHz antenna in there to see if injecting some RF into the tank proper did anything at the power levels one can get reasonably (about 8kW peak) and nope, no good - no measurable difference whatever, things are going too slow for that. If I'd added some 980 Gauss magnets and made the electron cyclotron out in enough room to hit more atoms, well, who knows? Never got that far, that's a lot of work just to support the weight, and things in there tend to get too hot for the curie temperature of the magnets one can get. For example, the solder joints on my pinhole camera, which was well away from "the action" kept melting and I took it out of there before the lead faceplate wound up melting and falling into the turbo(!). I just use that antenna as a Faraday probe now (it was the blue trace on the scope in the video, Far_B, for "back of the tank"). You can see it jump a couple scope divs down - that's our net negative charge being shown. A few hundred volts at that spot (100 meg ohm load).

I'm doing a lot better than a relaxation oscillator now (I was using a series L vs an R, FWIW). Now I have the possibility and initial test of something much nicer here - an active device (the fusor itself!) that has electrical power gain...and with the right other stuff can be made to oscillate at a range of frequencies, even more than one at a time (ask anyone who's made a high power linear ham transmitter amp about parasitics, or just study a super-regen detector...The latter is close.). These can be partially timed or synced to charge-disturbance flight times between the active parts - something John helped measure when he was here last. (And thanks for that one, John, the extra set of skilled eyes really made a difference - come back any time!)

I've learned a lot more about what goes on in there, and how dead wrong (or not even wrong as W. Pauli would have said) everyone is about how things act in a fusor. As John has pointed out (fusor.net somewhere IIRC), nope, we are not dealing with widely separated arranged + and - charges - that would take serious amounts of energy to even create (perhaps enough to vaporize the entire lab) and people who do work with well-separated charges, like CERN in their beams, in any decent current, have issues with the ion charge field just yanking electrons right out of the tank walls (field emission)! Which gives them issues for what they are attempting as the electrons eat some of the proton energy, and then bash the tank walls at the focusing magnets - a real mess, making X rays and heat at your superconducting magnets. John deserves some serious credit for getting me thinking along the right lines as to what to measure, at least.

What we actually have is a slightly net-negative plasma - the extra electrons are from our power supply (or pump) - since that's the only thing that will get kicked out of any conductor by impact, or flow through one. My wires just don't pass deuterium (rats?). You can't accelerate a plasma with an E field or perhaps at best with a slightly imbalanced plasma - only a little (and here it'd be in the wrong direction!). All you can do, is like a bar magnet in say the earth's field - align the polarization, maybe increase it a little. It takes a gradient to accelerate one. And your slightly polarized plasma affects that gradient itself, by being polarized and where it is. There of course is no re-circulation in such a system - it's at best a resonant circuit with losses (scattering) so that idea was just all wrong. I measured for that, and there's nada. That whole theory is bunk. Sorry, Philo and friends. FWIW, since the electrons weigh so much less, that polarization can itself oscillate from side to side of our cylindrical collapsing plasma sheet. At some other frequency which varies with density and where it is in the overall machine..just to make it simpler(!).

Our idea of space-charge limited focus was also wrong, because we don't have a big charge separation for there to even be what would be called space charge in say, a vacuum electron tube. It's messier than that. The parameter space is huge in fact, and makes the math for quadrupole mass specs look simple as well as a static solution to a dynamic problem that would have to add terms and be iterated like a fractal to even apply.
Past my speed, and my new friends at CERN, too. When I try to frame this problem in these terms every math guy just throws up his hands.

It turns out that in this case, the universe is its own best model and runs in realtime, though with pauses as the experimenter has to shut down to change some things.

But like the Mathieu equations, there are predictably interacting things - higher voltages (or gradients) mean higher speeds (very loosely) and its intersections in a number of functions is where the fun is. This pdf has a nice little picture of one of the most used intersections in a mass spectrometer, the largest one near the origin of the synthetic variables plotted (which is mislabeled as THE intersection, but on a larger plot there are many). The full plot looks like a couple spiders having kinky sex, and all the overlaps work at least somewhat, though the ones further out are more picky. I think we found a spot, but don't know if it's the good one yet. Unlikely I got that lucky.

Now, we have two e/m ratios, a plasma that's polarized but can't be completely independent re each charge vs the other, so add all that to the math and start trying to work it out. Good luck! (A good thing you don't need and can't patent math for this) The amount and direction of the polarization itself is dynamic here! Although it appears that once we map the space better, no existing standard model laws need to be violated, finding this by math synthesis is well,,,,heat death of the universe kind of hard. But here we're not going forward from a theory we're not sure anyone can produce. We HAVE an existence proof of at least one such good spot, though we have all too little data on those parameters past what I could observe, as last time it happened all the data aq failed instantly (and I was sick for awhile and too busy not-dying to write it all down).

I therefore think we'll get this one, since we know it's there (or at least I trust myself, I completely understand others' skepticism, I'd have it too if I wasn't a first person witness - that's how good science works.). People who say "no way Jose" are like the American generals who looked at how hard the Manhattan project was and projected it'd be that hard for the Russians, and were WAY off with that. Why? The Russians weren't risking it all - they had an existence-proof (Japan), as do I. We didn't know if it would work, or even which of the possibilities might work. They knew from watching us! And they weren't dumb, as our egoists wanted to believe.

So, I can't predict timing here, and like with the Mathieu stuff, it's a little slippery and more than one thing can work. I could simply create a gonzo arb waveform generator (actually, I have two already) and a huge linear amplifier (would have to build that, and zowie, without knowing what is the required bandwidth in advance) and find out what the waveform parameters were by brute force/try everything. Heat death of the universe turf. Nope! My own expiration date is closer in, and I want to beat that one!

What I do hope to do is find that or another of the sweet spots, do a little diddling and gradient following, and find the big one if I haven't already.
That should in theory be a lot easier. And I have a built-in power amplifier with power gain > 100 (electrical), "interesting" transit time characteristics which are related to the very thing I want to manipulate (maybe good?), and wow - pretty much as great a power handling as I could ever want. I don't feel like that is going to be the limiting factor, though I may have to move some electrode mechanically to get the transit time sweep into the right range - but I already know one of the good spots doesn't even require that, hence my confidence if I can hang on to my health long enough.

Note, I am leaving out one very crucial insight here, but heck, might as well share what I can right now. You would think even what I'm saying here would be "obvious to a practitioner of the art" but the evidence is otherwise. What I see in most other workers is deliberate lack of willingness to work out all the ramifications of their assumptions - and as my email sig says "Why guess when you can know? Measure!".

Like the out and out crackpots I often have to deal with, they refuse to acknowledge that if their silly theory was correct, other things we observe simply wouldn't happen. Or things we never observe would be common. At least I'm staying fully standard model (that's my story and I'm sticking with it!). I doubt any new extensions under consideration to that model by the far-out theory guys make any difference to mere nuclear physics involved here (FWIW, a couple of them agree on that).

I guess I just relaxed the rules about talking theory/interpretation here. At least it isn't on the front page of the news...If it shows up there we'll just have to call it fake news, right? (for now)
Doug Coulter

Postby Doug Coulter » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 pm

To add - Paul, if like Dr Miley calculated, you got a number closer to 7 Mhz, well, see the assumptions above that have been shown to be incorrect.
In reality, our best guess is it's a LOT slower than that in our particular conditions. A couple orders magnitude off.
I suppose this is why no one else has even found one of the good spots. We didn't make assumptions about the search space (or at least, not too many).

It's like the story of the drunk and the cop. Cop sees a drunk crawling around under a streetlight and asks him what he's doing.
"Looking for my car keys"
"Why look here in the street?"
"Wellsh - ish dark in that alley where I dropped them - I'd never find them there."

John, here's my other favorite kiwi. Give this link to someone who knows and enjoys computers and the science around them. This guy kicks butt, and his humor is funny if you know the referents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq2HkAYbG5o&t=2s (skip the boring conference intro, about 4:36 long)
Doug Coulter

Re: Remote control shakedown run - raw data (kind of)

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:17 pm

If anyone really wants ALL the raw data from this, they're going to have to send me a "stamped self-addressed USB stick with a lot of room" - those individual videos are BIG. Uploading the one above took 4 hours on my connection...Nope. Frankly, not a heck of a lot to see there anyway. The plots, however, are easily captured with screenshots, so here are those in a large enough format to actually see the numbers. (click the pic for enlarged view) Looks like we kissed ~ 10 M neuts/second at around 166 seconds into the run, which is pretty normal now in the old Farnsworth/stable mode. We can often to somewhat better and with more consistency, but that's not the game I'm playing now - I want factors of thousands, millions, and up improvements, not a mere 10 or so over what's being done in other labs at these speeds, feeds, and sizes. I will of course happily report when we are doing THAT consistently. But for the record...here's the stuff that matches the video above. As these things get bigger and bigger, the chances that I will reset the databases to reclaim space go up...Our db is on the fusorpi, running on an SSD, which also holds all the captured video and audio (from some other neutron counters, fans etc in the fusor room). So it gets big fast.
For now, we are plotting direct from that database, though we are also real-time replicating that over here at the ops position in case things over there go south and we want that last bit of data - it might be crucial to progress.

These plots are from gnuplot, which is invoked by a little GUI I wrote in perl/glade that grabs database data and plots it as things go along - it's what I watch during a run primarily, along with the o-scope video, to decide what to fiddle. The grid video is mainly for "is something going to melt" and the overview one is kind of "is the lab on fire?" so I glance at those, but they're not the main story. Again, in the interest of nearly anal data retention, those videos are stored on the pies that record them as well as later copied to both database locations. You never know... While this isn't rocket surgery, it's close and information about what happened, particularly in the case of a failure - is really important, and we want every last bit - it's not the expensive part, just the pain in the rear part.
YoutubeRads.png
Our radiation plot.

In this plot, the green X's are from our Hornyak detector, the one we trust the most and which was calibrated at HEAS 2009 along with a lot of other people's detectors, using Richard Hull's fusor as a source. The scale here is 980 cpm per million neutrons/second, which I mentally just round up to 1k/1million to be conservative. The purple line is an exponential moving average of that - attack and decay are straight lines because it's a log plot. We could, and used to, put our actiation sample on the geiger counter (the red crosses) after a run, and the log plot let us extrapolate back to the fusor cut-off time, which made it not as important to get that done in some fixed time. It's not as big a deal now, as we can't get there fast, and we're using indium now which decays much slower anyway. As our numbers go up, we can use "numb-er" activation targets, which is handy. Going for the gold takes on a whole new meaning in this context.
YoutubeFeeds.png
input volts and current

The above is the plot of power input for both grids, and with our scaling, kV and mA work out. In the case of the ion supply, sometimes we ask for more than we can get, so you see it bump into internal current limit around 5ma. The big guy on the main grid I have set for 50kv max at 10 ma max - and I don't fool with that remotely during a run (could if I added d/a converters) for now.

Maybe the least interesting is gas pressure.
YoutubeGas.png
gas pressure

You can see me letting it in, sort of, the speed at which I hit the solenoid is kind of hidden in the log plot. You can also see it change due to "cleanup" and other effects. The ion gage reads roughly 2x high on hydrogen, but not on He for example, and yes, during a long run, perhaps not here - we have measured a significant amount of tritium in the exhaust gas, which means about an equal amount of He3 is produced. In this case, most of what you see is cleanup, reduction of things chemically, and me letting in more gas to compensate (I have logs of all the button presses that did that too).

Last but not least for pix - here's the plot gui I wrote in perl and gtk3.
YoutubePlotGUI.png
Gui for plotting
YoutubePlotGUI.png (15.7 KiB) Viewed 4477 times

It asks the pi database for updates once per second default, saying in SQL "gimme all the timestamps newer than last time" and adds those to gnuplot instances created by perl code. The reason there is a "munge time" checkbox is that when we have crashes at the fusor end, the timestamps start over at zero, and in real time we quit getting new data, so that means "ignore the timestamps, just give me all of it, and make up times under the assumption that the sample rate is 10Hz". It's far from ideal, but it's better than no data. I've put in a lot of effort to prevent that from happening in the fist place, and this run it didn't happen...(I will post the raw code at some point too, as an example of fairly readable perl. Since GTK3 uses XML, well, I can't make that something you'd call readable, breaks of the game, but that's not my or Larry's fault.

My main control program has a debug log output. The board won't let me use ,.log as an up-loadable file (and it's not forbidden in the settings, so...)
Code: Select all
17_02_26_11:03:11   connected to usb-Adafruit_Adafruit_Metro_328_ADAOEMNCa-if00-port0
17_02_26_11:03:12   connected to usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0
17_02_26_11:03:12   post-init test
17_02_26_11:21:23   start clicked - starting
17_02_26_11:21:23   runno:82
17_02_26_11:21:23   audio path is:/var/lib/FusorFiles/audio/17_02_26_11:21:23.mp3
17_02_26_11:21:23   soxpid was 1995
17_02_26_11:21:23   starting tricam
17_02_26_11:21:23   starting gridcam
17_02_26_11:21:26   clap done
17_02_26_11:21:26   uno comment:#   Setup end false clap version
17_02_26_11:21:26    debug bad format from fusecontrol: gasion setup done FC version

17_02_26_11:22:33   inlet time set to 20
17_02_26_11:22:39   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:40   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:40   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:41   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:41   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:49   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:50   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:50   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:53   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:55   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:22:58   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:23:36   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:23:36   gasion comment:# iongas false claps: 1
17_02_26_11:24:01   ion enable turned on.
17_02_26_11:24:09   gasion comment:# iongas false claps: 1
17_02_26_11:24:09   uno comment:# False clapboard signals: 1
17_02_26_11:24:35   ion spin value changed to: 30
17_02_26_11:24:35   ion spin value changed to: 29
17_02_26_11:24:35   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 29
17_02_26_11:24:38   ion spin value changed to: 30
17_02_26_11:24:39   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 30
17_02_26_11:24:39   ion spin value changed to: 31
17_02_26_11:24:40   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 31
17_02_26_11:24:40   ion spin value changed to: 32
17_02_26_11:24:40   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 32
17_02_26_11:24:40   ion spin value changed to: 33
17_02_26_11:24:40   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 33
17_02_26_11:24:40   ion spin value changed to: 34
17_02_26_11:24:40   ion spin value changed to: 35
17_02_26_11:24:41   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 35
17_02_26_11:24:41   ion spin value changed to: 36
17_02_26_11:24:41   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 36
17_02_26_11:24:41   ion spin value changed to: 37
17_02_26_11:24:41   ion spin value changed to: 38
17_02_26_11:24:41   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 38
17_02_26_11:24:41   ion spin value changed to: 39
17_02_26_11:24:41   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 39
17_02_26_11:24:41   ion spin value changed to: 40
17_02_26_11:24:42   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 40
17_02_26_11:24:42   ion spin value changed to: 41
17_02_26_11:24:42   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 41
17_02_26_11:24:42   ion spin value changed to: 42
17_02_26_11:24:42   ion spin value changed to: 43
17_02_26_11:24:42   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 43
17_02_26_11:24:42   ion spin value changed to: 44
17_02_26_11:24:42   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 44
17_02_26_11:24:42   ion spin value changed to: 45
17_02_26_11:24:43   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 45
17_02_26_11:24:49   ion spin value changed to: 46
17_02_26_11:24:49   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 46
17_02_26_11:24:50   ion spin value changed to: 47
17_02_26_11:24:51   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 47
17_02_26_11:24:51   ion spin value changed to: 48
17_02_26_11:24:51   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 48
17_02_26_11:24:53   ion spin value changed to: 49
17_02_26_11:24:53   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 49
17_02_26_11:24:54   ion spin value changed to: 50
17_02_26_11:24:54   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 50
17_02_26_11:24:55   ion spin value changed to: 51
17_02_26_11:24:55   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 51
17_02_26_11:25:05   ion spin value changed to: 52
17_02_26_11:25:05   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 52
17_02_26_11:25:05   ion spin value changed to: 53
17_02_26_11:25:06   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 53
17_02_26_11:25:08   ion spin value changed to: 54
17_02_26_11:25:08   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 54
17_02_26_11:25:09   ion spin value changed to: 55
17_02_26_11:25:09   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 55
17_02_26_11:25:15   ion spin value changed to: 56
17_02_26_11:25:15   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 56
17_02_26_11:25:16   ion spin value changed to: 57
17_02_26_11:25:16   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 57
17_02_26_11:25:16   ion spin value changed to: 58
17_02_26_11:25:17   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 58
17_02_26_11:25:20   ion spin value changed to: 59
17_02_26_11:25:20   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 59
17_02_26_11:25:24   ion spin value changed to: 60
17_02_26_11:25:24   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 60
17_02_26_11:25:25   ion spin value changed to: 61
17_02_26_11:25:25   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 61
17_02_26_11:25:26   ion spin value changed to: 62
17_02_26_11:25:26   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 62
17_02_26_11:25:27   ion spin value changed to: 63
17_02_26_11:25:27   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 63
17_02_26_11:25:28   ion spin value changed to: 64
17_02_26_11:25:28   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 64
17_02_26_11:25:29   ion spin value changed to: 65
17_02_26_11:25:29   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 65
17_02_26_11:25:30   ion spin value changed to: 66
17_02_26_11:25:30   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 66
17_02_26_11:25:30   ion spin value changed to: 67
17_02_26_11:25:30   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 67
17_02_26_11:25:31   ion spin value changed to: 68
17_02_26_11:25:31   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 68
17_02_26_11:25:31   ion spin value changed to: 69
17_02_26_11:25:31   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 69
17_02_26_11:25:32   ion spin value changed to: 70
17_02_26_11:25:32   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 70
17_02_26_11:25:33   ion spin value changed to: 71
17_02_26_11:25:33   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 71
17_02_26_11:25:34   ion spin value changed to: 72
17_02_26_11:25:34   in poll:  ion pwm output duty cycle set to 72
17_02_26_11:25:59   Gasin Clicked
17_02_26_11:26:59   uno comment:# False clapboard signals: 1
17_02_26_11:27:00   gasion comment:# iongas false claps: 1
17_02_26_11:27:31   forcing ion source off and waiting a second
17_02_26_11:27:32   sending end-cap to: tricam

17_02_26_11:27:32   sending end-cap to: gridcam

17_02_26_11:27:32   resetting uno data aq
17_02_26_11:27:32   resetting ion control
17_02_26_11:27:32   ion enable turned off.
17_02_26_11:27:32   trying to kill sox pid:1995, will give fail message if fail
17_02_26_11:27:55   on postrun clicked update sql:UPDATE runs SET postrun = 'Shakedown complete wrong feedback phase.' WHERE runno = 82;

17_02_26_11:28:03   FM asking for vid copy from tricam
17_02_26_11:28:03   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:04   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:05   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:06   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:07   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:08   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:09   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:10   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:11   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:12   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:13   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:14   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:15   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:16   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:17   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:18   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:19   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:20   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:21   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:22   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:23   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:24   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:25   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:26   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:27   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:28   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:29   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:30   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:31   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:32   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:33   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:34   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:35   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:36   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:37   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:38   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:39   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:40   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:41   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:42   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:43   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:44   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:45   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:46   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:47   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:48   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:49   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:50   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:51   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:52   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:53   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:54   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:55   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:56   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:57   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:58   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:28:59   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:00   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:01   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:02   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:03   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:04   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:05   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:06   waiting for:smb://tricam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:08   starting copy...
17_02_26_11:29:56   copied vid from tricam to /var/lib/FusorFiles/tricam/20170226_112123.mp4
17_02_26_11:29:56   FM asking for vid copy from gridcam
17_02_26_11:29:56   waiting for:smb://gridcam/media/cap.txt
17_02_26_11:29:57   starting copy...
17_02_26_11:30:00   copied vid from gridcam to /var/lib/FusorFiles/gridcam/20170226_112123.mp4
17_02_26_11:30:01   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:26   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:27   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:28   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:28   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:30   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:31   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:32   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:33   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:34   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:35   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:36   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:37   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:38   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:39   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:40   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:41   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:42   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:43   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:43   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:44   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:46   Gas Out clicked
17_02_26_11:30:47   Gas Out clicked

I hit gas out a bunch at the end of a run so as to get the forepump to stop running without me having to run over there and turn a manual valve...
Doug Coulter

Return to Run Data -- just the facts please.