A little about myself

Post here once you join, and tell us about yourself so we have a clue who we are talking to.
Keep threads short here -- once you have something to say, there's a topic here somplace where it will fit -- and if not, let me know and I will make subforums as necessary. We want all of hard science and tech up here, and if something doesn't fit -- that's my fault and I will fix that for you. See the rules and tips in the parent forum, please.
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.

A little about myself

Postby RaginCajun » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:17 am

My name is Scotty and was brought into the world at the end of 1971. I was born in South Louisiana and I'm raising a family here in central Ohio and toiling away daily for a corporate power as I plot towards a better way of life. I've got lots of "irons in the fire" and strive to educate myself constantly because it is one hunger I've never been able to satiate. If you have any questions feel free to ask I may or may not answer.
RaginCajun

Re: A little about myself

Postby Donovan Ready » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 am

Welcome Scotty. We use real names here, so Doug will need to change your username once we know your last name.

Your password will be the same, so when the change is made you'll be able to log in with your real name and the same password.
Donovan Ready

Re: A little about myself

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:14 am

As Donovan says, we use real names here so as to correctly attribute any intellectual property anyone might generate. So we'll need your real name for that. I can then change your login (password doesn't change for that, in fact I don't even have access to it).

So, Scotty, since you didn't mention your expertise, what sort of questions might we expect to be able to ask? What's your field?
For example, there's not much point asking a topologist the difference between a coffee cup and a donut, since the only thing he cares about is that both have just one hole.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Announce yourself