Hi - Greetings Dave Shanklin

Post here once you join, and tell us about yourself so we have a clue who we are talking to.
Keep threads short here -- once you have something to say, there's a topic here somplace where it will fit -- and if not, let me know and I will make subforums as necessary. We want all of hard science and tech up here, and if something doesn't fit -- that's my fault and I will fix that for you. See the rules and tips in the parent forum, please.
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.

Hi - Greetings Dave Shanklin

Postby Dave Shanklin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello,
Just want to say hi and say that there is some really cool stuff going in this forum and the world for that matter. Live in Florida. Have a cat name ADA (after ADA Lovelace). Programmer : ADA, C, Python, Dxl, Lisp, Fortran: System Engineer : Embedded Avionics. Love people and very curious about the world around me. Last I want to say Doug is an alright guy by my book.

- Dave S.
Dave Shanklin

Re: Hi - Greetings Dave Shanklin

Postby William A Washburn » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 am

Hi back at you Dave,

I did Computer Systems Analysis for almost 40 years prior to retiring four years back. This site has some pretty good
systems folks aboard but it is my opinion that we could always use some more given the need for process control types
of systems and the advent of small single board hardware that can run, for example, Linux. Doug has done a great
job in this respect and maybe you could join him with some systems dev of your own.

Bill Washburn
William A Washburn

Re: Hi - Greetings Dave Shanklin

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:50 am

Welcome Dave! I'm hoping you can help us boost up our software sections and join in the general fray here.

Dave and I have been talking on G+ hangouts. Nice free worldwide video chatting - up to 10 at a time. It would be even more fun if more people here would get a G+ account and a webcam (headset also a good idea) and get on there so we can talk as close to F/F as we can. You get so much more from that than mere typed words it's not funny. I'm meeting a lot of cool people up there (and the usual amount of jerks, but there you can get rid of them with a click, unlike real life).
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Announce yourself