Hello from Montana

Post here once you join, and tell us about yourself so we have a clue who we are talking to.
Keep threads short here -- once you have something to say, there's a topic here somplace where it will fit -- and if not, let me know and I will make subforums as necessary. We want all of hard science and tech up here, and if something doesn't fit -- that's my fault and I will fix that for you. See the rules and tips in the parent forum, please.
Forum rules
This sub forum is for new menbers to announce themselves. Try not to create long threads here -- this is just for you to tell us who you are, and for us to say welcome. There are other forums to actually discuss real tech-science things here, and ask questions on. The idea hopefully is to have enough forums and subforums that nothing sci-tech related will be off-topic, there will be a place for it. If I missed something -- let me know, and I'll fix that.

Hello from Montana

Postby Shea Wadman » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:47 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Shea Wadman and I'm a recent high school graduate hoping to pick up some new stuff. I've been a reader of the forums for a few years and I wanted to be able to ask some questions and put some of my own theories out there. Keep in mind that I'm nowhere near the level of expertise or training that some of you have achieved. I have taken classes that compare to first-year chem and physics courses and my own interests and reading have given me a working knowledge of the same advanced physics topics frequently discussed here.

Essentially, I'm hoping to help where I can and learn everywhere else.

Thanks for letting me in, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Shea Wadman
Doing my best . . . usually.
Shea Wadman

Re: Hello from Montana

Postby Doug Coulter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:26 am

Welcome aboard! This thread is a good one for any Q&A - we're attempting to keep major other parts of the board for "howto" answer-only kind of stuff.
I think you have access to the playpen forum as a new user, and maybe the water cooler. It works like the water cooler - stuff disappears unless some moderator makes it sticky or moves it to a "real" forum.
Water cooler is our forum for just plain ragchewing etc whatever trash talk anyone wants to be doing - things in there have a tendency to auto-delete after awhile of no posts on a thread. Keeps the rest of the board cleaner without any work on the part of the rest of us.

After some posts, you get promoted to "one of the guys" and can post on all forums, use private messages (there's a lot of that here) and so on.

Have fun!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Announce yourself