Joe's skills for trade

For those who are willing to help others.
Forum rules
This is for those who don't mind doing something a little extra for others, using their core expertise, so the other guy can get on with his project in his own field. Barter is encouraged, if it's for money that's fine too, however.

Re: Joe's skills for trade

Postby Nick Strait » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:38 am

didnt know that, well any aluminum or silver colored metal that is light enough for what i need and safe enough to basically be in contact with skin for long periods of time(especially since previous wooden pairs have left my feet bleeding...)
Nick Strait

Postby Jerry » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:44 am

From the sole or where the strap is?

Aluminum would work, so would titanium but that would cost more.
Jerry

Postby Nick Strait » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:58 am

actually both.. but ive found a way of making better straps(for a period of time i used coaxial cord....(cosplay is painful ,has nearly passed out twice from em.. but they looked good)

what would be the price difference between aluminum and titanium? id imagine the block needed would be around 12X24X1 at most
Nick Strait

Postby Jerry » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 am

Surplus price on a piece of titanium that big is about $2k.

Check out my photostream in Flickr. Been helping a friend with some muppets costumes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67292116@N00/sets
Jerry

Postby Nick Strait » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 pm

ah okay, definitely not titanium then ^^.. what would a block that size of aluminum be?

those muppet costumes are pretty epic!! really like how the proportions actually fit like perfectly ^^
heres a pic of the current costume(have a few tiny tweeks left but its more or less finished(about as accurate as it could be without having to wear a corset...... which isnt going to happen, for more than a few reasons >_<)
Nick Strait

Previous

Return to Skill Swapping