Trax screenshot

For photolith

Trax screenshot

Postby Doug Coulter » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Here's a screenshot of a PCB in TraxEdit, which is what I use. Yes, this is is very simple board. It took under a half hour, first making a component for the capacitor type I have, then
using repeat place for the caps and the tracks. This is for the extra two capacitors I need to turn those HV stack disks to the other polarity, and I needed 10 in series each side to get the value right -- the caps will have over twice the needed voltage rating.

I am running this in dosemu in linux, and using the "print to file" function of traxplot, then using lpr to ship it to the printer, which emulates the old HP BW language. It will also make pen plotter plots and gerbers. I mae the little C-Lab logo out of tracks, backwards, so it shows up right when printing the solder side of the board -- helps me remember which way to put the artwork in the contact printer. The view on the computer screen is looking down through the top side. Since this is a single sided layout, there's no red tracks showing. Yellow is the silkscreen layer, and the green defines the whole board outline.

Trax.gif
Screenshot of Traxedit in action

If anybody wants this, I can upload it someplace, with some sample board projects. It's amazingly easy to learn and use -- just smart enough, not too smart, if you know what I mean.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to PCBs and photolithography