Useful Pi stuff now online and shared

For stand-alone microprocessors

Useful Pi stuff now online and shared

Postby Doug Coulter » Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 am

In my google drive which has far more bandwidth to you than I do - it took 7:27 for example to upload that pi SD image...at my speeds. Betcha you can get it down from google a heck of a lot quicker.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2y99 ... i10ZTIzNjQ

I have a rant about how linux and pi stuff (and probably a lot else) on the web isn't dated and isn't sorted by date well. Thus for example, some workaround for one of systemD's issues may not work when Lennart breaks it in some new way, but there are eleventy-tons of copies out there of a workaround that no longer works.

Sadly, some of the things in, say, PiTricks will have those issues (but at least there are time stamps...). DaveK and I are looking at designing a better system.

And working out better how to share google links...here's another: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Re: Useful Pi stuff now online and shared

Postby Doug Coulter » Sun May 20, 2018 8:54 am

More-better stuff:
Some handy stuff. I've put some of my pi and arduino work together into a "full fat" pi image and put it up on google drive - at least until they decide to charge me more for that space/bandwidth.
Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2y99 ... i10ZTIzNjQ

User for the pi images is pi, password is dotdot except for the database root which is ditdit (morse for "I" in either case...).

Full fat has it all, the toys mostly all ripped out, the good tools installed instead, some crucial dox and so on.
Full arduino support includes esp8266 and esp32 (this was not trivial) as well as the usual and there are tons of sketches and examples.
You could actually use this as a daily driver, kinda.
It has xtightvnc (far superior to the realvnc normally provided). The machine name is new3 (I did this on a new pi 3 b+).
You will have to run it at least once with wired ethernet, display and keyboard to set up the wifi to not point at my WAP for example, but it can be run headless as is if there's a wired connection or you get it on a WAP of your own.
Supports 5ghz as well as the rest in a b+, but also runs on a "plain" pi 3.

Enjoy...
Here's a drive link to a subdir in case the above doesn't get it. I'm not a google drive expert and unlikely to become one as I have no way to test as a random stranger - they detect it's me and...now I have the Doug privileges. Someone let me know...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Donovan Ready » Tue May 22, 2018 11:00 am

It works for me.

I'm glad you're using drive, 'cause I'm not going to renew my domain come August. Ten years is long enough...
Donovan Ready

Postby Doug Coulter » Wed May 23, 2018 8:46 am

I hear you - some things just get old, including us. It's working so far for me, though it's a pain to upload big stuff on this connection.
I fear they'll start charging me at some point - right now I think I have this space (well, most of it) due to a chromebook I bought awhile back.
We'll see what the rent turns out to be.

And thanks for your help here. I hope you'll be hanging around still.
Doug Coulter

Postby Donovan Ready » Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am

Most definitely. I'll have to get you set up with a different mathtex server, but that's easy enough.
Donovan Ready

Return to Embedded software