DIY Equatorial Mount

All things Physics

Re: DIY Equatorial Mount

Postby Doug Coulter » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Makes sense now. I knew you were no dummy, and couldn't imagine you were driving a servo directly with that network - just the servo driver. Good deal!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Postby Jerry » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:31 am

Good grief, its been over two years now, finally getting back around to working on it.

The filtering was a flop, big time. Just wouldn't work.

So I went with plan B. I am using the SiTech drive to drive a couple little escap 12v ball bearing motors that are directly coupled to 2500 line encoders. Between the encoder and the controller I have a 26LS31 quad line driver tapping into the encoder signals. This sends differential encoder signals to the mitsubishi drives which I put in encoder follow mode.

Made up the final board from perf board this morning and it works, even moves in the right directions without me having to change stuff. Got most of the parameters figured out too. I also need to package up the controller in some sort of case with the motor-encoders.

Jerry

Postby Doug Coulter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:23 am

Good to see you back, we've missed you, Jerry.
I often find myself that coming back after a long pause on some project finally gives me the good results.
As we used to say in the software biz - rev 2 is the first one that actually works!
Keep us in the loop, we love this stuff!
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Previous

Return to Physics