What I'm all about with this

This is where any newbies should begin. See various FAQs and rules, learn to search, find out how to join the forums so you can post yourself.
Forum rules
The rules should go without saying, but here they are:
Use your real name, and if you use an avatar, make it a picture of you. This is for real people only.
Don't cuss -- I don't mind, but others may.
Don't get personal and call names.
Stay on-topic -- start a new thread for a new topic. Try to get it in the right category. If you have a question about what that might be, ask me.
Be informative and provide useful information. Please search to see if your question is already answered before asking again.
Keep speculations and general gassing to the forums/threads meant for them.
Don't ask a question, then start a fight over the answer. Google/Wiki things first if you can manage.
Don't anger me -- if you do, you're toast here.
Don't put copyrighted material up here and get me in trouble.

What I'm all about with this

Postby fusordoug » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm

For one thing, just check the main webpage, which tells a lot:
Coulter's smithing, and check the links to older pages of mine for a bit of history.

Having become fairly well off by fixing the numerous things wrong with Windows along with a very talented crew I'm grateful to call friends who worked with my consulting firm, I'm now an open source type, and good riddance to proprietary, but hey, Bill Gates, thanks for making me well off, in a funny way. If not for your failings, I'd still have to work for a living!

This forum setup is intended to be fully open source, GPL flavor insofar as that can apply. This means that yes, you can (help) establish the priority of your ideas by publishing them here, but also -- if you go and patent someone else's idea you saw here, we'll all be after you, foot, horse, and marines-- with prior art to prove it ain't yours and a certified log of it all. In other words, if someone publishes an idea here -- you can use it for personal use -- and are encouraged to, but not for money unless you cut the true originator of it in on the bucks, on their terms. For that you'll have to contact the originator of course, I'm not in that loop unless that originator is me. The board should make that process easy enough, but if in doubt, contact me.

Anything else might get you a nastygram from the best lawyer in the valley, and I'd advise against crossing that dude :?

This site is intended to become a repository of hands-on working knowledge, some of which might otherwise be "guild" or "trade" secrets, the stuff you can't find just by googling or reading some textbook. For the latter, just go there and save time for everyone.

The idea is for talented people with different specialties to help one another synthesize things they couldn't manage on their own.
Many eyes make all problems shallow, which has been proved too many times to recount. That's what this is supposed to be all about.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
fusordoug
Site Admin

Return to Coulter's Smithing forums