Real names only or registration is rejected

This is where any newbies should begin. See various FAQs and rules, learn to search, find out how to join the forums so you can post yourself.
Forum rules
The rules should go without saying, but here they are:
Use your real name, and if you use an avatar, make it a picture of you. This is for real people only.
Don't cuss -- I don't mind, but others may.
Don't get personal and call names.
Stay on-topic -- start a new thread for a new topic. Try to get it in the right category. If you have a question about what that might be, ask me.
Be informative and provide useful information. Please search to see if your question is already answered before asking again.
Keep speculations and general gassing to the forums/threads meant for them.
Don't ask a question, then start a fight over the answer. Google/Wiki things first if you can manage.
Don't anger me -- if you do, you're toast here.
Don't put copyrighted material up here and get me in trouble.

Real names only or registration is rejected

Postby fusordoug » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Hey people, this isn't a gamer board, facebook, or for crackers/black hats, period.
A board full of scientists and inventors has some real legal attribution issues. If you have stuff to hide, this ain't the place for it.

If you don't have one, please get a real name before signing up, OK?
If you have some odd nick, no one can prove that's you to give you credit for an idea, and anyone can easily pretend to be you in return.
Just don't go there. The moderators here will remove any obviously not real name accounts, posts and all.

Real names generally consist of a first name and a last name separated by a space, and both capitalized. Let's keep this real and purty.
This isn't for kids, and you'd kind of hope people joining a board about how to do tricky stuff would....read. the. directions. first.

The number of wacky nicks and fake names I'm getting is not giving me a ton of faith that people wanting to join a board about
directions
will read the directions.

Even stock trading 'bots parse headlines.

The entire board is readable without signing up. That's only needed for private messages, subscribing to topics, and posting.
Which, if you read the board, is about answers, not a custom question answering service. Google and wikipedia are over there ->

They get paid for that - or sell you. We don't.
Why guess when you can know? Measure!
fusordoug
Site Admin

Re: Real names only or registration is rejected

Postby johnf » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Further to the above
Registration is now by invite only
If you want to join you have to send me an Email and I will open the registration portal for a short while (typically 30 minutes)
This puts the applicant in the inactive category until I activate the account
johnf

Return to Coulter's Smithing forums