Kurt Leskers Vacuum Deposition Info

Tips and descriptions of materials you use

Kurt Leskers Vacuum Deposition Info

Postby Doug Coulter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:47 am

I've been telling people to get the Lesker catalog forever - the price is right, and everything in there I've been able to check has verified with flying colors. One of the more useful pieces of information in there is some tips on how to deposit various substances. This is far from complete in both substances and technique -- you're not going to find a bunch of substrate prep trade secrets here, but this is the basic stuff you need to know to embark on evaporation or sputtering at all. Since it can be a pain to find and drag down the big book when I just want to check if something is possible or not, here's the relevant 8 pages (in two posts). Looks like if we want to make a gadolinium lined neutron detector tube - it's not going to be super hard (for just one example). So, here's the pages as gifs, compressed a little -- they're big even so. Hopefully they don't get mad, after all, they do give this free, and I didn't wipe out the source, or the all important phone number for ordering from them. As always, click the pix to get it bigger and readable.
LD1.gif
Lesker's depo info

LD2.gif

LD3.gif

LD4.gif

The other four pages next post.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Re: Kurt Leskers Vacuum Deposition Info - continued

Postby Doug Coulter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 am

My browser lets you click the pic, then again to get these blown up really big so you can read them.
The rest:
LD5.gif

LD6.gif

LD7.gif

LD8.gif

Enjoy! I've used some of this info with success myself.
Posting as just me, not as the forum owner. Everything I say is "in my opinion" and YMMV -- which should go for everyone without saying.
Doug Coulter

Return to Materials