Search found 4 matches
- Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:55 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello from Murchison, New Zealand
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5514
Re: Hello from Murchison, New Zealand
Nvidia, Cuda, OpenCL, all not quite there. We tried porting a migration algorithm to use on video cards but although the amount of memory is nice, the type of memory isn't. I recall there were limits on the sharing of memory between groups of threads. Anyway, I've been doing MPI (MPICH2) for a year ...
- Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello from Murchison, New Zealand
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5514
Re: Hello from Murchison, New Zealand
Yep. But I think I had something to do with landing the job too. :D
I was born in Minnesota, or so I'm told. Raised just east of Seattle. Spent 3 years in Italy. Visited over 30 countries, read something about all the others.
If you look at the temperature changes here: http://earthobservatory.nasa ...
I was born in Minnesota, or so I'm told. Raised just east of Seattle. Spent 3 years in Italy. Visited over 30 countries, read something about all the others.
If you look at the temperature changes here: http://earthobservatory.nasa ...
- Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hello from Murchison, New Zealand
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5514
Hello from Murchison, New Zealand
I'm Rand Huso and I'm addicted to science. (everybody say "Hello Rand")
I did some degrees in Engineering-Physics (Electrical), Mathematics, Meteorology, and Numerical Analysis back in the '70s and '80s. I started writing software in '72 and it's kept me off the streets. I'm working at GNS Science ...
I did some degrees in Engineering-Physics (Electrical), Mathematics, Meteorology, and Numerical Analysis back in the '70s and '80s. I started writing software in '72 and it's kept me off the streets. I'm working at GNS Science ...
- Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:50 pm
- Forum: Announce yourself
- Topic: Hi from an almost nuclear free New Zealand
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11836
Re: Hi from an almost nuclear free New Zealand
Hello all. First post, I believe.
What John didn't mention is that immediately after that sailing the weather turned sour. It's been raining ever since, and inconveniently coincided with my boat coming out of the water for paint (and removal of the attached aquatic reserve).
(http://www.patentstorm ...
What John didn't mention is that immediately after that sailing the weather turned sour. It's been raining ever since, and inconveniently coincided with my boat coming out of the water for paint (and removal of the attached aquatic reserve).
(http://www.patentstorm ...