Doug,
I wouldn't worry too much about winding losses at 50Khz in the DXR, assuming your load power would be well under 3kW. But if in doubt, take the finger/temp probe test to the coil and core, (after HV is turned OFF of course). 50-60 on the outside coil is acceptable. 70+, it’s getting too hot ...
Search found 2 matches
- Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:29 pm
- Forum: High Voltage, High Power
- Topic: New HV stuff, questions
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29959
- Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 am
- Forum: High Voltage, High Power
- Topic: New HV stuff, questions
- Replies: 32
- Views: 29959
Re: New HV stuff, questions
Hey Doug,
I am familiar with these stacks. They are used as the accelerator supplies for ion beam implanters for wafer fab. 160kV is a very common voltage. 20kV per stage is very typical. We have stages that run up to 25kV per. From the date codes on the stack “wafer stages” I would say these stacks ...
I am familiar with these stacks. They are used as the accelerator supplies for ion beam implanters for wafer fab. 160kV is a very common voltage. 20kV per stage is very typical. We have stages that run up to 25kV per. From the date codes on the stack “wafer stages” I would say these stacks ...